What can I do…I am bored
We are a week into what we are now looking at our “new norm.” To help you fill your time and curb boredom, one of our awesome VCU Interns (Nyomi) put together a list of things you can do:
Things to do while quarantined:
- Attend classes or groups
- Read a book
- Cook or bake something using what you already have in your pantry or fridge.
- Exercise (free online workouts on YouTube)
- Do some yoga (free online yoga exercises on YouTube also!)
- Meditation/mindfulness breathing (there are tons of apps on your phone for meditation and breathing exercises, I like headspace!)
- Draw (tons of YouTube videos giving you step by step instructions) and/or color (search free coloring sheets on google and there are tons!!)
- Play a board game, card game, or do a puzzle
- Watch a show or movie and discuss it with your friends
- Facetime a friend or family member (quarantine does not mean isolation, talk to people!)
- Creative writing
- Clean your house (start small, you don’t have to clean the whole house at once)
- Self-care (can be many different things like taking a bath, doing a face mask, taking a nap, exercising, taking time away from social media, talking to a friend, going for a walk [away from others], etc.)
There are also many FREE online work outs and such that are available:
This website gives so many different workout videos. You can adjust the difficulty, the type of equipment, including no equipment, type of workout, and focus on which body part.
This website gives free almost hour long workout videos.
You just have to put in your email! This is a yoga class website which has 12 different free yoga videos.
The YMCA has some free online group classes
This YouTube channel has loads of videos for workouts, stretches, Pilates, healthy recipes, and even self-care tips!
Just to name a few APPS:
7 minute workout, Ab & Core Workout, Yoga for beginners, Headspace, At Home Workouts